[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Macintosh Web Server Issues

At 10:25 AM  -0700 5/20/96, Gene Ingram wrote:

> Enrico Cantu wrote:

> > wearing my UNIX one), I have to say that the greatest threat to a Mac-based
> > server would be a person who sits at the machine.  You see, unless you are
> > using FolderBolt or some other login utility, anyone can come by and drag
> > your http server straight to the trash--end of web service.  At least with
> > a UNIX box you have a login, or if a session is in use at console, you can
> > xlock the screen.
> >
> > Enrico
> >

> No kidding, they can drag your http into the trash?  Hmm that could pose
> quite a problem.  I would hope that a suitable login utility is built-in to
> future versions of the Mac OS to correct this apparent deficiency.  (Oh,
> that's gonna get me a flame or two.)  :-)  Do you know the company that
> has authored the FolderBolt software, and if possible their web site?
> Thanks.

Yup, the company is Kent-Marsh Ltd. and their product info for Folderbolt
Pro is located at http://www.kentmarsh.com/KMLProducts/FolderBoltPro.htm

I haven't installed and used it personally, but I know of people in our
dept. that swear by it  The product has been around for a long time and is
well tested.

Cheers,
Rico

--
Out the 10Base-T, off the bridge, round the token-ring, past the firewall,
 through the router, down the T1, over the leased line ... nothing but Net.